Coon's Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello? Is this working?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hello? Is this working? Empty Hello? Is this working?

Post by IsaacGabriel Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:06 am

Wherever you guys are, I hope this gets to you. I hope you're all doing okay, with training and for some of you, coping with what happened. I don't know if you guys have forgiven me for walking out on you back there. I hope so. We've got a lot ahead of us.

My mentor, Eve, and I spent the first two weeks about just working on my skills in the area of life magic. She told me there's so much more to it than just altering my physical strength and boy... was she right. Oh yeah, I should tell you about Eve.

Eve is a sweet old lady. She's kind of a hippie actually, she does a ton of different drugs (some not from our world), which has made her SUPER nice. Also, the drugs seem to have raised her to some level of enlightenment, because she's gotta be the wisest person I've ever met. In fact, I'm only having one real problem with her. She's INSANE!

Her idea of training has got to be the definition of tough love. She gives me a near impossible task and then sits back and waits for me to finish, usually passing the time by doing drugs and baking me cookies. Good cookies.

I wish I could tell you where I was right now, but I can't. It's not some big secret or anything, I just don't know.

After those two (or so) weeks, training my magical abilities, she took into some sub-dimension of our own. That's a fancy way of saying that I'm not in the world, but I'm not really out of it either. Kind of like the goblin market? Whatever. It's an island. Somewhere. After we got to the island, she sent me into the forest to collect firewood. When I returned to base camp, I discovered everything to be missing, including my weapons. The only, and I mean only, thing she left me was an anchor. An anchor! Like Popeye the sailor man's tattoo, or something. She scratched a note in the dirt that said "Survival training starts now. See you in a week! Very Happy" It's been 4 days. At the start, I had to maintain a steady strength augmentation just to lift the stupid anchor. Now I can swing it around pretty easily, and I'm glad because there is some strange stuff on this island. Like, demon animals.

At this very moment, I am sitting in a tree that is being circled by a demon bear... thing. After I finish writing this, and I do hope you guys get it, I'm going to jump out of the tree and hopefully beat Satan bear to death with my anchor. 

Haha. I feel like a One Piece character. Wish me luck!

~Ice

IsaacGabriel

Back to top Go down

Hello? Is this working? Empty Re: Hello? Is this working?

Post by Dom Rivera Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:30 am

Pretty much the same boat here, except my mentor is ex-military and enjoys beating me senseless.

Dom Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post by WhitneyJezebel Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Well now I don't feel so bad that Reese (my mentor) doesn't let me do certain things.  Perhaps I've got it a little easier than the lot of you.  Why do you all have boot camp mentors?  I'm stuck in a study all day reading up on paths and orders...
WhitneyJezebel
WhitneyJezebel
Admin

https://coon.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Giaveno Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:04 pm

pah, I feel like I belong in Black Lagoon half the time. I mean when I'm not studying, I'm being shot at... or other illegal things...

Michael Giaveno

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Rivera Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:09 pm

God look at us, Black Lagoon, One Piece, and I feel like I'm in Naruto half the time, throwing fireballs all over the place and flingin lightning.

Dom Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post by WhitneyJezebel Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:14 pm

You guys are the biggest nerds ever.  Don't you think "Lost Girl" or "Supernatural" would be a more appropriate comparison to our situation? Hell "American Horror Story" makes more sense than Naruto.
WhitneyJezebel
WhitneyJezebel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Giaveno Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:16 pm

yeah, Naruto sounds like a stretch, I'm not a bisexual succubus so Lost Girl doesn't really apply... try crossing Supernatural and The Godfather... It's been weird

Michael Giaveno

Back to top Go down

Post by WhitneyJezebel Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Hehe, I guess Lost Girl would apply to me just a little more than you boys.
WhitneyJezebel
WhitneyJezebel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Rivera Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Listen now, Naruto describes me perfectly. I spit fireballs, shoot lightning, and play with weapons.

Dom Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post by WhitneyJezebel Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:48 pm

And your sword's powers are as straight as a reject from the pretzel factory.
WhitneyJezebel
WhitneyJezebel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Rivera Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:57 pm

Jealous Whittney, Jealous. Actually that makes me more like Vista from One Piece since he has a flower sword. You may be jealous.

Dom Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post by WhitneyJezebel Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:00 pm

What the fuck is One Piece? You guys realize I don't watch any of that anime stuff.
Ugh, nevermind.  Something tells me none of us will be keeping up with our favorite shows and movies anymore.  The only books I've been reading are pulsing with mana and riddled with runes.
WhitneyJezebel
WhitneyJezebel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Rivera Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:09 pm

Whittney, we will open your eyes to the glory of anime!!!!! That being said don't remind me that o have no way of keeping up with my beloved shows and manga. How will I know what happens in the next chapter now???

Dom Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post by WhitneyJezebel Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:25 pm

I don't need this right now...
WhitneyJezebel
WhitneyJezebel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Rivera Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Sorry, Whittney, I got a little carried away

Dom Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Giaveno Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Dom, your nerd is showing

Michael Giaveno

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Rivera Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:50 pm

You're just jealous.

Dom Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrance O'Collins Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Hey survival training sounds wonderful I would do well. But no Morris says im already good in that department since im a hunter so instead he says i need to work on my magic. and to do this he throws things at me...like in dodgeball.  and i mean big, heavy, sharp, and dangerous things...you know that anchor you have Issac? Yea i had a few of those launched at my head and no portal equals no head so im learning fast but damn it sucks i never know when something is going to fly at...OH SHIT!!!!!!
WAS THAT A DAMN FRIDGE?!?!?!
gotta go

Terrance O'Collins

Back to top Go down

Post by IsaacGabriel Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Hello again, everyone. I may have forgotten to mention this, but until I leave the island, I have no way of receiving any messages you might send me. Whatever this magical communication message sender thing that Eve gave me is, it certainly isn't two ways. Though I can't get any response from you all, I can imagine what you're all saying. No doubt all the macho men, in our little band of misfits, threw out details about their training regime as though this were a contest. It probably devolved into a insult slinging contest. Haha. I can only hope Whitney's level headedness shone through. Our training is catered to our needs, so my killing animals you'd find in a JRPG might be on par with another person simply meditating under a waterfall. Speaking of which, I tried that yesterday. It sucked. I was practically hypothermic in less than a minute. Ha... ANYWAY!

It's day 6 for me on this island. That means I should be off tomorrow or the next day, then I'll be able to actually have conversation with you all. First thing, I'm going to spend some time with Q and Fridge. Last time I was with them, I was teaching Q how to use a pogo stick. I'm interested to see how far he's come. I digress.

Day 6 on the island! That demon bear thing the other day actually broke my glasses, so for the next few hours I stumbled around with my 20/horsesh*t vision trying to find a place I could hide. Eventually, I got the idea to try and do something about my situation using my magic. I can see just fine now, but my eyes feel funny. Whatever it is, hopefully Eve can fix it when I see her. 

I wish I could write/telegraph/divine more, but it's about time for me to get some dinner, and on this island, dinner is hard to catch. Peace out.

IsaacGabriel

Back to top Go down

Post by WhitneyJezebel Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:56 pm

Jesus Christ, what kind of mentors do you guys have?!
WhitneyJezebel
WhitneyJezebel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Rivera Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:24 pm

In a word, our mentors are monsters

Dom Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Giaveno Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:25 pm

In Morris's defense Terrance did kind of start it by shooting at him.

Michael Giaveno

Back to top Go down

Post by WhitneyJezebel Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Oh no, I don't blame Morris. He has mr Trigger Happy as a student. That's enough of a defense for manslaughter if you ask me.
WhitneyJezebel
WhitneyJezebel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IsaacGabriel Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:02 am

So Eve is late. I'm entering day 9 in this hell hole, and it's only gotten worse since my last update. My nightly hiding spot, and only refuge from the things living on this island, was happened upon by a group of gigantic rhinoceros beetle monsters. I managed to deal with them but for the rest of the night, and every night since, I have been attacked by a variety of groups of different killer insects. 

At first, I could not, for the life of me (almost literally), find out why all of these creatures were suddenly able to find me, when I'd been able to go six days without so much as a single disturbance. I imagine you will all be amused by/disappointed in me when you discover the cause.

I found out what was happening entirely by accident as I was searching for a new hiding spot. I found a cave, and as I was scoping it out to see if anything else lived in it, I discovered a light reflecting off the back wall of the cave. I followed the light down a tunnel deeper into the ground. At the end of this tunnel was a large body of water. The light seemed to be shining, quite dimly, from under the surface of the water. I leaned my head over to see what it could possibly be, and much to my surprise, I discovered the light was not coming from under the water, but from my own eyes.

Yes. You read that right. My theory is that when I used my magic to restore my vision, I accidentally did a little more than that. Cut me some slack, I'm not an expert. My eyes turned silver, and they actually give off light. That explains why all the insects were attracted to me in the dark.

IsaacGabriel

Back to top Go down

Post by IsaacGabriel Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:04 am

Man, I am exhausted. I can't sleep during the day, as the regular predators will find me, and I can't sleep at night, because the bugs find me. If I ever get off this island, I'm going to have to get a pair of sunglasses and wear them all time like the Terminator. Dang, I am going to look like such a douche, wearing sunglasses at night.

Oh well. That's the price you pay for having flashlights in your skull.

Maybe Eve will show up tomorrow. That's all for now. Peace.

~Ice

IsaacGabriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum